Monday, December 13, 2010

Seventeen Dollars and the American Dream

Seventeen Dollars and the American Dream Opportunities sometimes present themselves at our lowest points. It happened to me. With $17.00 left to my name in the winter of 2004, I was faced with the fact of losing my job and a stack of bills that left me as cold and desolate as the winter outside. A prayer led me a “friend” who was closing his business. He offered to sell it to me. Seriously. I convinced him to let me pay it out over time. What I didn’t know was that my friend was selling me a lemon. The inventory was, let’s say difficult to get rid of. The client list had gotten used to “Bargains,” and the small warehouse/shop had no electricity. But still, this was my opportunity. I had faith that I could turn it around and make it mine. Designing had always been a dream of mine and now my chance to make it happen was before me. God guided my steps. He brought creative people into my life whose talents helped shape the company. He also showed me abilities that I hadn’t realized I possessed which helped me form the company, Emmanuel. Today my joy comes from working with the exceptionally gifted and talented people. Emmanuel is a company where not only are the customers pleased with their purchase, but our artisans and craftsmen have the pleasure and satisfaction of succeeding in creating one of a kind exquisite works of art. And I get to be a part of it. As creative director I am blessed to oversee every aspect of our products creation—from the first glimmer of a design concept through the handcrafting, to the glorious completion and delivery. I watch ideas become a reality. A stack of wood becomes a beautiful furniture piece. Blocks of metal is shaped into forms that symbolize strength reflecting the very material it is made of, all of which is imbued with quality and meaning that will be passed down through many family generations. I AM LIVING THE AMERICAN DREAM! Let me design a dream for you. Next week see what it looks like where Nelson lives……………………….

No comments:

Post a Comment